12/12/14
Today we have a quiz before continue our lesson.Our group,group 7 win the quiz.We are very happy.
Today we learn about Microbial growth.
Growth-refer to number of cell
I just know that in microbiology the growth refer to number of cell before this I thought it refer the size of colony.
The physical requirement

  • Light-require or kill by light
  • Temperatute-minimal growth ,maximal growth and optimal growth
  • pH
  • Water activity
  • salt concentration
Chemical requirement
-water
-carbon
-oxygen
I never thought that microbes need specific nutrient as human although there are very small.I hope to know better each microbes what nutrient they need
-nitrogen,phosphorus and sulphur
-special growth factror
-trace elements

What I have learn:
-Growth-number of cell ot size
-Acidophiles -grow below pH 6
-microbes must have balanced nutrient

Popular posts from this blog

relate Microbial Ecology to other microbiology courses have covered and apply the knowledge in the future