8/12/14
 Today we went to Yakult factory.I was very excited when know we will go to Yakult factory at Seremban.We go there after all class finished.When we arrive we straightly go to a room to hear a talk about Yakult.Among the things stressed during the talk are criteria of probiotic bacteria one of it the bacteria must arrive alive in stomach.There are many good bacteria but not all consider as probiotic.I wonder that have all these good bacteria being tested whether they can consider as probiotic or not because there are many new microbes being discover maybe among them can be probiotic that most beneficial to human compare to the present probiotic bacteria.During the talk we also known that o select the best probiotic for producing Yakult a few test have been run.There are few bacteria involve including Lactobacillus casei Shirota which give the good result among the others.I just realize that all the probiotic drink have do a research first to get good probiotic before this I only thought when they know these bacteria are probiotic they just produce it without any further research.I was shocked that test carry out involve situation in our body.I hope I get to know more how the test carry out in the situation same as in our body.The other things that attract me is when  got to know that there are prove Yakult have decrease the umber of patience getting cancer and also a boy recover from bad condition.The boy have a problem with digestive system.When get to know that I wonder if Yakult help to recover form other cancer such as lung cancer and breast cancer.

 After that, we visit the processing side.I very happy to see how the machine and a rough view how they culture the bacteria.The bacteria come in powder form from Japan.I think there must be very vareful transport it with specific temperature and other condition to make sure the bacteria stay alive.I hope that I can see more specific how they culture the bacteria but I can only see the place they culture the bacteria.I just wonder what the colour of the bacteria during the cultivation process.Do they need many milk during this process?I guess that all are the big secret of Yakult that cannot be share with anybody.  We also get to see how Yakult being packed.I thought there are many workers involve in those process but there are not many workers involve because the process mostly involve machines.

After all I feel very happy and there are may new things I have been learn.I think all of us enjoy the day.



Popular posts from this blog

relate Microbial Ecology to other microbiology courses have covered and apply the knowledge in the future